Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Granny Teapot.

“Granny Teapot can help you, my dear, “Mrs. Jenkins said to her young neighbour.

Patsy brushed the tears from her eyes, “Granny Teapot?”

“Well, that’s not her real name, it’s Mrs. Craig. But everyone calls her Granny Teapot. She’s such a kind lady, a retired Social Worker. Whenever someone needs help, she talks to them over a cup of tea and a muffin or two.”

“She sound like a very nice lady,” said Patsy, “Would she mind if I phoned her?”

“No, my dear, she loves helping people. She told me last week that she’s many friends who spend their retirement playing golf and gossiping about their relatives, but she wants to spend her years helping people.”

So Patsy phoned this kind lady; visited her in her little house and told her all about her worries while they sipped tea and ate a couple of muffins.

Maybe you know of other “Granny Teapots” – they’ve always helped people in their work life and are still helping people now they’re retired.

THE LITTLE TEAPOT

I’m a little tea pot
Short and stout.
Here is my handle
Here is my spout.

When I hear the tea cups,
Hear me shout:
“Tip me over and pour me out.”

___________________________

THE LITTLE TEAPOT

I’m a little tea pot
Short and stout.
Here is my handle
Here is my spout.

When the tea is ready
Hear me shout
“Into the tea cups, pour me out.”
_______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment