Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Little things mean a lot.

“I’m telling teacher,” Jack said to the new classmate, Terry.

“What did I do wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Then why are you telling teacher?”

“Because you’ve done something right!”

Jack explained to Terry, “In this school, we write reports on you when you do something kind to someone else.”

“Really,” said Terry, “that’s strange. I’ve never been in a school like this before. I like it.”

“So Terry,” said Jack, “ I saw you helping Andrew find the right page in the text book. That was a really kind of you! So I’m reporting you! Teacher will be so happy to read about what you did.”

Terry smiled. He knew he’d like this school a lot.
_______________________________________________


LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT

Please help me up when I slip and fall
Walk with me when I’m feeling sad
Your kindness makes me again be tall
Little things mean a lot.

Give me a hand when I've lost the way
Give me your shoulder to cry on
Whether the day is bright or gray
Give me your heart to rely on.

Send me the warmth of a secret smile
To show me you haven't forgot
For now and forever,
that's always and ever
Little things mean a lot.

____________________________________
Edith Lindeman and Carl Stutz, published in 1953
We wrote Verse 1.
_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment